I Am the Resurrection and the Life

Bert Mulder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert Mulder »

By Ronald VanOverloop
As the Great Shepherd caring for His grieving sheep, Jesus demonstrated to Martha and to Mary (and to all who believe) that He is the resurrection and the life. First He showed that He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities. With them He faced death, in all its powerful reality, at the open, stinking grave. He groaned and was troubled. He, more than any other human, saw the horrible effects of sin. He wept, demonstrating that He knows experientially the sorrow and fear of death. He entered into our death in every way, even in seeing a loved one die and be buried. In whatever circumstances we stand, Jesus stood. And it is from that position that He declares that because He is the resurrection and the life, “thy brother shall rise again.”

This truth is grasped only by faith in Jesus. “He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.” Faith in Jesus is the way this great and blessed promise is received and enjoyed while we are yet walking through the valley of the shadow of death. This faith is an on-going gift of God that begins in the first resurrection—regeneration. The heart of the sinner is made alive by the Spirit of this One who is the resurrection and the life. The heart is made alive to God and to spiritual things, including the truth that Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

Those who believe in Jesus shall never die. The heart that is raised spiritually shall never die. Physical death does not kill that raised heart. And at physical death the soul also rises and lives in conscious glory with Christ. And when Jesus returns, then the bodies of the elect will be raised unto “the resurrection of life” (John 5:29). There is no death for the child of God who lives in Christ. This is the power of life that Christ gives as the resurrection and the life.

So, “believest thou this?”
Read the whole meditation here:

http://www.rfpa.org/sb/TheStandardBeare ... OCValue4=0
Mijn enige troost is, dat ik niet mijn, maar Jezus Christus eigen ben, Die voor mijn zonden betaald heeft, en zo bewaart, dat alles tot mijn zaligheid dienen moet; waarom Hij mij ook door Zijn Heilige Geest van eeuwig leven verzekert, en Hem voortaan te leven van harte willig en bereid maakt.
Plaats reactie