The rehabilitation of Judas Iscariot

Unionist

The rehabilitation of Judas Iscariot

Bericht door Unionist »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0% ... %2C00.html

So Judas was not as bad as we have always thought. He just happened to be part of God's plan.

Well, so is every sin we commit, isn't it?
Breekijzertje

Re: The rehabilitation of Judas Iscariot

Bericht door Breekijzertje »

Unionist schreef:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0% ... %2C00.html

So Judas was not as bad as we have always thought. He just happened to be part of God's plan.

Well, so is every sin we commit, isn't it?
Hier hebben we het recent met onze dominee over gehad.
Judas......idd onderdeel van Gods plan..............'t blijft een van de geheimenissen denk ik..............
Kaw
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaw »

Zondaars zijn ook onderdeel van Gods plan. Daarmee zijn we wel verantwoordelijk voor onze zonden.
Dit is de wens van iemand die liever niet zijn knieen wil buigen voor Jezus Christus.

Sinners are also part of Gods plan. Still we are responsible for our sins. This is the wish of someone who do not want to bend his knees for Jesus Christ.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kaw op 20 jan 2006, 10:04, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
refo

Bericht door refo »

In the past I read some about this.
The word translated to 'to betray' in the Greek text in the biblical context should mean 'to bring together', lust like diplomats bring to parties together.

In that opinion the High Priest and Jesus wanted to meet each other. Judas (known to the High Priest, so tells us John 18,13 and also one of the disciples) was the perfect man to arrange a meeting. Jesus told Judas that he must go to the High Priest when He would give him the sign: handing him a piece of bread. Not to betray Him but to arrange the meeting. However, Jesus knew what would happen that night.

Judas was wrong in adding money from the High Priest to arrange the meeting. Jesus already told him to arrange the meeting that evening. But Judas asked: how will you give me for a meeting? He liked the money.
Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

If this is true, why would the other disciples have asked: "Is it me,. Lord"? There were afraid they would be the traitors themselves, weren't they?
refo schreef:In the past I read some about this.
The word translated to 'to betray' in the Greek text in the biblical context should mean 'to bring together', lust like diplomats bring to parties together.

In that opinion the High Priest and Jesus wanted to meet each other. Judas (known to the High Priest, so tells us John 18,13 and also one of the disciples) was the perfect man to arrange a meeting. Jesus told Judas that he must go to the High Priest when He would give him the sign: handing him a piece of bread. Not to betray Him but to arrange the meeting. However, Jesus knew what would happen that night.

Judas was wrong in adding money from the High Priest to arrange the meeting. Jesus already told him to arrange the meeting that evening. But Judas asked: how will you give me for a meeting? He liked the money.
Breekijzertje

Ja, en dan nog het punt dat Judas voorbestemd was om dit te doen.
Onderdeel van Gods plan.

Een ding is zeker, dàt kunnen we nooit op God afschuiven.

Het blijft een niet te doorgronden geheimenis.
Tiberius
Administrator

Bericht door Tiberius »

Judas was lost not for his betrayal, because Jesus said "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men" (Mat. 12 : 31).
But he was lost for his unbelief.

@Refo: If Judas was just the perfect man to arrange the meeting, how do you interpret John 6 : 70-71: "Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot [the son] of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve."
refo

Bericht door refo »

I don't know. I just told a story i've read about it.

The Greek word PARADIDOMI only in the NT means 'to betray'.
Tiberius
Administrator

Bericht door Tiberius »

BTW: Why is this topic in english?
All participants speak Dutch fluently (at least: write it :wink: )
Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

Because in the past we had people participating in this forum who posted English articles through Dutch threads. As you can imagine this was very annoying!
Kaw
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaw »

And now Dutch people post English replys in English topics on a Dutch forum.
Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

Unionist schreef:Because in the past we had people participating in this forum who posted English articles through Dutch threads. As you can imagine this was very annoying!
So let's open a Greek topic...
Tiberius
Administrator

Bericht door Tiberius »

---knip---
Breekijzertje

Unionist schreef:Because in the past we had people participating in this forum who posted English articles through Dutch threads. As you can imagine this was very annoying!
Ik vind dat die allochtonen gewoon moeten inburgeren en integreren in refoforum.
Niks Engelstalige afdelingen.
En graag die burka af als ik hier met je in discussie ben.............
Plaats reactie