Christian Love

Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

Amen! Waarheid en liefde kunnen niet zonder elkaar. Alleen waarheid leid tot dood wetticisme, alleen liefde leid tot wetteloosheid.

[Aangepast op 15/5/04 door Dathenum]
Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

Oorspronkelijk gepost door lily
Do you know what Amen means
in the hebrew?
It is the same in english and dutch
but what does it mean.
This Hebrew word means firm, and hence also faithful (Rev. 3:14). In Isa. 65:16, the Authorized Version has "the God of truth," which in Hebrew is "the God of Amen." It is frequently used by our Saviour to give emphasis to his words, where it is translated "verily." Sometimes, only, however, in John's Gospel, it is repeated, "Verily, verily." It is used as an epithet of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rev. 3:14).

It is found singly and sometimes doubly at the end of prayers (Ps. 41:13; 72:19; 89:52), to confirm the words and invoke the fulfilment of them. It is used in token of being bound by an oath (Num. 5:22; Deut. 27:15-26; Neh. 5:13; 8:6; 1 Chr. 16:36). In the primitive churches it was common for the general audience to say "Amen" at the close of the prayer (1 Cor. 14:16).

The promises of God are Amen; i.e., they are all true and sure (2 Cor. 1:20).
Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

If I may ask, are you a dominee?
No, I'am just a simple believer who copied the definition of the word amen from the internet :)
Mashlomcha?
I am fine, thank you.
Shabbat shalom v'shavua tov
Have a blessed Shabbat too. Are you from Israel?

Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

Oorspronkelijk gepost door lily
Lo, I am from the USA.
Na'im me'od, such a khakham, retsini,
tsa"ir ben is very rare nowadays.
Glad to meet you too, but you are really flattering me. It is hard to remain humbly now, Ruth! :,:,:,

Plaats reactie