Octavius Winslow Afbeelding
helma

Re: Read. Seen. Heard. Bits of wisdom.

Bericht door helma »

Job An Exemplary Father
by
M.J. Hancock

Feb 20, 2024

God has set before us an extensive tapestry of characters throughout Biblical history for our consideration and imitation. He calls us to follow these men where they excelled and take heed of where they failed (Rom. 4:12; 1 Cor. 10:6, 11). Many of the fathers throughout Scriptures teach us more from their failures than their successes, but the Lord has preserved a handful of positive examples for our hope and endurance. One of the most outstanding examples of a godly father is briefly portrayed for us in the life of Job.
Read this column:

https://www.growingfathers.com/job-an-exemplary-father/

May the Lord bring a spiritual renewing in our houses like this.
helma

Bericht door helma »

Come thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of God's redeeming love
Here I raise my Ebenezer
Here by Thy great help I've come
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He to rescue me from danger
Bought me with His precious blood
Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above
Here's my heart Lord, though it's weakened
Hold me in Your precious arms

From Doubt to Worship: The History and Significance of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"
https://imperfectdust.com/blogs/news/fr ... 20minister
helma

Bericht door helma »

We can never minimize sin, and we can never say, this is just who I am. - Rosaria Butterfield
helma

Bericht door helma »

Liquid prayers!

(Charles Spurgeon, "Treasury of David")

"The Lord has heard the voice of my weeping." Psalm 6:8

Is there a voice in weeping? Does weeping speak? In what language does it utter its meaning? Why, in that universal tongue which is known and understood in all the earth, and even in Heaven above. When a man weeps, whether he is a Jew or Gentile, Barbarian, Scythian, bond or free — it has the same meaning in it. Weeping is the eloquence of sorrow. It is an eloquent orator, needing no interpreter — but understood by all.

It is sweet to know that our tears are understood, even when words fail. Let us learn to think of tears as liquid prayers, and of weeping as a constant dropping of importunate intercession which will surely wear its way right into the very heart of God's mercy, despite the stony difficulties which obstruct the way. My God, I will "weep" when I cannot plead, for You hear the voice of my weeping!

"It is a sight fit for angels to behold, tears as pearls dropping from a penitent eye!" Thomas Watson
helma

Bericht door helma »

Compel them to come in
Luke 14-23

“You can do the Lord no greater pleasure than to come in. Will you exalt him this day? then come on His call, you want to put the crown on Christ's head? would you make it a "day of the gladness of his heart"? then come in! This, to come in, is the great all inclusive duty: If you do this, you do it all! If you don’t do this, you do nothing! What gain you have worrying and trying to keep His law and neglecting this command to come in? Would you, all at once, be wise, righteous, and holy? then come in to Christ,
You that can do nothing, come to Christ, and so you shall do all, Will you honor God? Will you honor His law? then come to Christ. But if you don’t come to Christ first and foremost, do what you will, you do nothing.”

Thomas Boston
helma

Bericht door helma »

Remember that how we treat the church is how we treat Jesus, for the church is His body. Therefore, the stakes are high. How dreadful were Christ’s words to Saul in Acts 9:4: “Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?” If you abuse Christ’s body, you abuse Christ. If you neglect Christ’s body, you neglect Christ. On the other hand, what unspeakable joy faithful servants will experience when the King of kings comes with His holy angels, sits upon His throne, calls them by name, recounts their acts of service to His people, and says, “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matt. 25:40). Strive therefore to be faithful members of the body of Christ!

Read: https://joelbeeke.org/be-faithful-to-ch ... -his-body/

Plaats reactie