Psalm Singing

Plaats reactie
michaelL

Psalm Singing

Bericht door michaelL »

Dear Friends ,

I'm a German Preacher with great interest in psalm singing in history and presence. I've many contact's to psalm singing churches all over the world.
For many years we come to the Netherlands visiting reformed churches- this year in Rijssen, Urk and Wegwijs.
In Germany we sing the Genevan psalms and some years ago we brought out the Psalms of Matthias Jorissen (1793) with the help of the Stichting Vrienden van Heidelberg and Dordrecht. I've visited many reformed congregations in Germany with this theme and I have a collection of more than 600 psalmbooks in many languages. With great pleasure I found a Staphorst Bijbel some months ago. We made exhibitions with psalmbooks in some congregations. Many people are very interested in the singing of psalms. I have a friend, who is reverend in Switzeland. Her works about the Genevan Psalms in the Raetoroman language, which is spoken in sam Swiss areas. Some monts ago he visited the Netherlands and was in Urk
(CGK Eben Haezer / GG Sion). He and his wife were very astonished
and it was a sort of culture shock to be in such a great congregation singing the psalms in the isometric way. But it gave a great impresssion to him.

It's a great pleasure to sing the psalms- the word of God.
My question is, if there is anyone with the same interest in this theme.

Greetings from the coas of the East Sea.
Hendrikus

Re: Psalm Singing

Bericht door Hendrikus »

michaelL schreef:Dear Friends ,

I'm a German Preacher with great interest in psalm singing in history and presence. I've many contact's to psalm singing churches all over the world.
For many years we come to the Netherlands visiting reformed churches- this year in Rijssen, Urk and Wegwijs.
In Germany we sing the Genevan psalms and some years ago we brought out the Psalms of Matthias Jorissen (1793) with the help of the Stichting Vrienden van Heidelberg and Dordrecht. I've visited many reformed congregations in Germany with this theme and I have a collection of more than 600 psalmbooks in many languages. With great pleasure I found a Staphorst Bijbel some months ago. We made exhibitions with psalmbooks in some congregations. Many people are very interested in the singing of psalms. I have a friend, who is reverend in Switzeland. Her works about the Genevan Psalms in the Raetoroman language, which is spoken in sam Swiss areas. Some monts ago he visited the Netherlands and was in Urk
and it was a sort of culture shock to be in such a great congregation singing the psalms in the isometric way. But it gave a great impresssion to him.

Hallo Michael, herzlich wilkommen ;)
Alles gut in Lübeck?

(Sorry mensen, ik zal wel even pb'en. Wij kennen elkaar al jaren).
~~Soli Deo Gloria~~
MarthaMartha

Bericht door MarthaMartha »

Hendrikus schreef:

Alles gut in Lübeck?

geweldig! En hij komt spontaan hier? verrassing voor je!! (of tip van jou?)
Als de moed je in de schoenen zinkt, ga dan eens op je kop staan!
Hendrikus

Bericht door Hendrikus »

MarthaMartha schreef:
Hendrikus schreef:

Alles gut in Lübeck?

geweldig! En hij komt spontaan hier? verrassing voor je!! (of tip van jou?)
nee, dit was voor mij ook een verrassing ;)
~~Soli Deo Gloria~~
Plaats reactie