"Contraception as bad as sodomy, abortion"

Unionist

"Contraception as bad as sodomy, abortion"

Bericht door Unionist »

Bij 7500 postings kom ik weer terug (en af en toe tussendoor als ik zin heb)
Miscanthus

Re: "Contraception as bad as sodomy, abortion"

Bericht door Miscanthus »

mmm, heb je ook iets in het nederlands?
Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

Kijk eens naar de titel van deze rubriek...
Miscanthus

Unionist schreef:Kijk eens naar de titel van deze rubriek...
:oops:
Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

Calvin declared that birth control was the murder of future persons and the Synod of Dordt issued a Bible commentary which stated that contraception was the same as abortion.
Tsja, als je zo gaat rederneren is vrijgezel blijven ook een moord op mensen die geboren hadden kunnen worden. Er zijn genoeg argumenten om tegen anticonceptie te zijn, maar dit vind ik geen goed argument. Het leven begint bij de conceptie, en een moord is enkel mogelijk als er al leven is, dus vanaf de conceptie.
Miscanthus

Dathenum schreef:
Calvin declared that birth control was the murder of future persons and the Synod of Dordt issued a Bible commentary which stated that contraception was the same as abortion.
Tsja, als je zo gaat rederneren is vrijgezel blijven ook een moord op mensen die geboren hadden kunnen worden. Er zijn genoeg argumenten om tegen anticonceptie te zijn, maar dit vind ik geen goed argument. Het leven begint bij de conceptie, en een moord is enkel mogelijk als er al leven is, dus vanaf de conceptie.
Calvijn was er mordicus op tegen
en dan overdrijf je wel eens....
refo

Bericht door refo »

English please....
Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

refo schreef:English please....
Excuse me, I'll correct myself:
Well, if you are going to ague that way, to stay single also is murder on future persons which could have been born. There are good arguments against contraception, but this one is not a good argument. Life starts at the conception, and a murder only is possible if there is life, so a murder is only possible when de conception has occured.
Unionist

Bericht door Unionist »

In that way you are guilty of murder every night you don't have sex. That is ridiculous.
Vincent

Bericht door Vincent »

Unionist schreef:In that way you are guilty of murder every night you don't have sex. That is ridiculous.
Yeah, being guilty when having NO sex doesn't sound very bad for some people!
refo

Bericht door refo »

In the Scolastic point of view one is every time on a choice out of two ways to go. By choosing the bad way another, better world can't exist. In that better world there would be born a child, that is not born as result of the contracept. I think that is how we must understand this 'strange' opinion.
Vincent

Bericht door Vincent »

refo schreef:In the Scolastic point of view one is every time on a choice out of two ways to go. By choosing the bad way another, better world can't exist. In that better world there would be born a child, that is not born as result of the contracept. I think that is how we must understand this 'strange' opinion.
When masturbating -or even when undertaking no sexual activity whatever- someone could also use his semen in a 'better' way (from a Scholastic point of view). Does this point of view mean that someone has to intercourse very regularly, to prevent high "opportunity costs" from spilled semen?

Sounds strange, very strange :shock:

But of course, I am also strongly opposed to anticonception. Be a man and have no sex at all if you do not want a possible result of it.
Dathenum

Bericht door Dathenum »

Vincent schreef:When masturbating -or even when undertaking no sexual activity whatever- someone could also use his semen in a 'better' way (from a Scholastic point of view). Does this point of view mean that someone has to intercourse very regularly, to prevent high "opportunity costs" from spilled semen?

Sounds strange, very strange :shock:
Masturbation is also to be opposed to, because when one looks at a women with a lustful eye, he already has commited adultry. Of course this doesn't apply to a "wet dream", which is an natural thing.

Furthermore, I think that contraception sometimes is allowed (even is a duty) for instance for the health of the woman. In the past (also in the times of the bible) baby's got 3 years breastfeeding. During that time the woman wouldn't get pregnant. Actually a natural kind of birth control. But birth control for economical reasons (or other selfish reasons) is against scripture.
Pim
Contacteer:

Bericht door Pim »

Vincent schreef:Be a man and have no sex at all if you do not want a possible result of it.
This has nothing to do with 'be a man'. This is just a point of view.

In my opinion married couples do not only have sex to get children, but sex is a part of their married life. A part of the relationship between a man and a woman.
Hartelijke groet,

Pim.

Het is vandaag een dag van Goede Boodschap. PrekenWeb.nl
Miscanthus

Vincent schreef:But of course, I am also strongly opposed to anticonception. Be a man and have no sex at all if you do not want a possible result of it.
so, sex is only a way of reproduction?
Plaats reactie