Church walls

Canada

Church walls

Bericht door Canada »

Are church walls in North America higher than in The Netherlands?
-DIA-

Re: Church walls

Bericht door -DIA- »

Canada schreef:Are church walls in North America higher than in The Netherlands?
do not know.... I do not think so.
© -DIA- Laatst actief: 00 xxx 24??
-DIA-

Bericht door -DIA- »

Maybe in British Columbia, Chilliwack, Rosedale?
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

-DIA- schreef:Maybe in British Columbia, Chilliwack, Rosedale?
The church walls there have been lowered a lot over the past 20 years.
-DIA-

Bericht door -DIA- »

gallio schreef:
That could well be
Canada

Bericht door Canada »

That's good to hear.
-DIA-

Bericht door -DIA- »

Canada schreef:That's good to hear.
At your service!
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

-DIA- schreef:
gallio schreef:
That could well be
It's not a maybe but a fact. A lot of the older generation that was involved in the church splits have passed. There have been no new church splits the last 20 years, as far as I know. The church decision makers of today have largely realized that their fight against the modern world view is much more important than re-hashing old battles. And that in order to do something constructive for their members they better be willing to work with people from other churches that have a slightly different view on points of doctrine.
-DIA-

Bericht door -DIA- »

I have never been able to understand the split in Chilliwack/Rosedale
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

-DIA- schreef:I have never been able to understand the split in Chilliwack/Rosedale
Are you referring to the split that started the RCNA church in the 1960's or the one that started the HRC about 15 years ago?
-DIA-

Bericht door -DIA- »

The split of the Heritage Reformed Congegrations seems clear to me. I mean Rev. Joel Beeke in Grand Rapids (USA) in 1993.
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

-DIA- schreef:The split of the Heritage Reformed Congegrations seems clear to me. I mean Rev. Joel Beeke in Grand Rapids (USA) in 1993.
The HRC in Chilliwack started in 2003. I actually found a book on the www that mentions this split. The author could not determine what caused this split, but for insiders it was obvious it was not about a difference in doctrine.
Canada

Bericht door Canada »

In Ontario there is some cooperation between the more conservative Reformed churches in parachurch organizations such as Trinitarian Bible Society (TBS), Lord's Day Association and Bonisa. Some of their meetings are also attended by members of the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland in Chesley. I have heard speakers at these meetings from the FRC, HRC, NRC, RCNA and FPCS and the HHK in Springford. I am not aware, however, of any official meetings between the RCNA and the NRC or the FRC and the NRC like you have in Holland.
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

Canada schreef:In Ontario there is some cooperation between the more conservative Reformed churches in parachurch organizations such as Trinitarian Bible Society (TBS), Lord's Day Association and Bonisa. Some of their meetings are also attended by members of the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland in Chesley. I have heard speakers at these meetings from the FRC, HRC, NRC, RCNA and FPCS and the HHK in Springford. I am not aware, however, of any official meetings between the RCNA and the NRC or the FRC and the NRC like you have in Holland.
I think the FRC and HRC have pretty good relations. Maybe at some point they will become one denomination?

I'm not aware of any official contact between the URC and the Canadian Reformed. You would think those two denominations should consider close cooperation.
Canada

Bericht door Canada »

There is an active FRC/HRC Unity Committee. The HRC and FRC jointly operate the Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PRTS), the FRC as a junior partner with 3 out of 10 board members. These denominations are now working on a new church order to be used in a future united church. I suspect that an actual union is still 10 or more years off.

The CanRC and the URC came close to uniting a few years ago but talks have been cancelled for 6 years or so. Major obstacles include the different psalter/hymnals and seminaries in use and church culture.
Plaats reactie