Billy talks to his Pastor about God

Jacobse

Re: Billy talks to his Pastor about God

Bericht door Jacobse »

There is not given one argument against what is answered hereabove to Billy;
it proves that it hits the nail on the head. II Corinthians 13 vers 8: for we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.
Still more important is, that a word in the favor of or in defence of Billy's antagonism of our Lord, or a word not against Billy's taunting of the rights and the justice of our God, is : complicity to misleading slander of our Lord.
And about the correspondence in this forum between Bert ( is Albert, the Sparkling ) and Thomas ( my LOrd and my God, St.John 21 vers 28 ) , the last one ends
secundum Iohannem 19 : 22 : quod scripsi scripsi.
Bert Mulder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert Mulder »

Jacobse schreef:There is not given one argument against what is answered hereabove to Billy;
it proves that it hits the nail on the head. II Corinthians 13 vers 8: for we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.
Still more important is, that a word in the favor of or in defence of Billy's antagonism of our Lord, or a word not against Billy's taunting of the rights and the justice of our God, is : complicity to misleading slander of our Lord.
And about the correspondence in this forum between Bert ( is Albert, the Sparkling ) and Thomas ( my LOrd and my God, St.John 21 vers 28 ) , the last one ends
secundum Iohannem 19 : 22 : quod scripsi scripsi.
Jacobse, for your information, that text has NOTHING TO DO with Billy.

Billy has no antagonism towards the Lord. Billy has antagonism towards the arminianism of his pastor...

correspondence between Bert and Thomas?????

(by the way, it is Gijsbertus, not Albert....
Mijn enige troost is, dat ik niet mijn, maar Jezus Christus eigen ben, Die voor mijn zonden betaald heeft, en zo bewaart, dat alles tot mijn zaligheid dienen moet; waarom Hij mij ook door Zijn Heilige Geest van eeuwig leven verzekert, en Hem voortaan te leven van harte willig en bereid maakt.
TAF

Bericht door TAF »

Billy: "If Jesus died for everybody, why isn't everybody going to heaven?"
Pastor: "Well Billy, it’s because not everybody will accept him."
Billy: "But Pastor, I thought Jesus saved us. You are telling me that we save Jesus."
Pastor: (Laughing nervously) Of course not, Billy! I believe that Jesus saves us completely! However would you get the idea that I believed we save Jesus?
Billy: "Well, Pastor, you told me that Jesus died for everybody, and that only those who accept him will be saved. So, this means Jesus' death and resurrection, what Jesus does, cannot save us of itself, but something more is needed, and that something more is what we do by accepting him. For those who do not accept Jesus, they will perish. That means that Jesus' dying for them cannot help them. In fact, it means that Jesus' work for them was a miserable failure. On the other hand, those who accept him make his work real by their acceptance - and they save his work from being a failure. Without us, Jesus, and his work of salvation would be doomed! If Jesus cannot save us without the permission we give of our own free will, then we are the real saviors, and Jesus is the one we save! Wow! What would he ever do without us?!
Pastor : if a person is cripple, can he stand up?
Billy : no he cant, unless he is aided by some stick or other person
Pastor : but what if he refused that aid..
Billy : than he could not
Pastor : so when we accept help, we can stand, but when we don't we can not.. and how exactly would that make us be the one giving the help?
Billy : I see, Jesus wants to help us stand, and most people push His help aside, those who do nothing and let Him help will stand.
Pastor : indeed
Billy : but how than are we supposed to not push Him away, for I have red all man will do only evil.. so we must all push Him away..
Pastor : that is true for all people that are non elect.
Billy: elect?
Pastor : "many are called but few are choosen"
Billy : so God handpicks some people, and do what exactly?
Pastor : change their wicket hart, so they wont push Jesus aside
Billy : so God does something, so we don't do something, so we don''t hinder God to do something?
Pastor : you starting to get it
Billy : but it does not sound particulary FAIR to handpick some people does it? if 100 people failed a test, it would be fair to give them all a retry... or at least say only those who beg for one, get one.. but this just sound like injustice, randomly prefering some people over other people with no lawfull ground
Pastor : that might be.. but who did condem the ones that did not get that retest? God or themselves by their own behavior?
Billy : they did themself, just like the others did
Pastor : and who did give those people a retry, and what was the groind for that
Billy : the teacher did, and there was no lawfull ground for it
Pastor : and that is love.
Billy : but.. the others that didn't got it?
Pastor : if I love you and not your sister.. does that make my love not true?
Billy : I suppose it does make it true, but it still feels unfair.. why does He does that? if he can elect people, why not elect them all?
Pastor : errr... dont you have something better to do billy? well there is written that who are we, the created, to ask to Him, the created what he does whith wat is His?
Billy : that is not an answer that satisfies... a GOOD creator would cherish all His created, not trash most of it...
Pastor : thats your idee of Good, but God also needs LAW
Billy : what you mean?
Pastor : if one would have ALL people pass a test they did fail.. would they feel they failed in the first place?
Billy : prolly not, and others would lower their effort expecting the same treathment
Pastor, indeed, and would they be thankfull for that gift?
Billy : again prolly not, if everybody gets it.. it is not a gift to people, it is a right..
Pastor : do we have a RIGHT to be forgiven?
Billy : no
Pastor : so we NEED some people to go to hell, to show those who get Christ how deep that gift is and feel thankfull
Billy : has God an indentity crisis?
Pastor : BILLY stop saying such things!
Billy : well why would anyone as Big as God, want little humans to have relationship with, and even more, needed to be praised and wanted by them.. why would He even bother??
it sounds like He NEEDS us, to prove how big He is... to honour Him... we would call that a seriuos psychologic complex... and if people can be self-made without needing praise of others, why should God NEED it
Pastor : he DESIRES it, not need it
Billy : sure sounds like he does need
Pastor : if a father want to be seen in the eyes of His child.. does he need that conformation to be a good dad, let alone succesfull in life?
Billy : probably not, He would already have build a stable life with all he needed before he got that child
Pastor : so he loves the child, longs it's respect and attention, but does not NEEED it..
Billy I see..
Jacobse

Bericht door Jacobse »

Paul writes to the Romans, chapter 3 vers 23 and 24, and therein to Billy and his pastor, and to each of us:
for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
Plaats reactie